- Graduation from an acupuncture or oriental medicine program accredited or legally recognized in the jurisdiction (country, state or province) in which it is conducted which was at least 3 years in length, consisting of at least 90 semester credits (135 quarter credits) of didactic training and 650 hours of clinical training.
- Proof of experience in the form of state, provincial or national licensure, NCCAOM certification, or a documented acupuncture/oriental medicine practice.
- Ability to write and think critically.
- Written and oral proficiency in English.
- Computer literacy and access to e-mail and the Internet.
Entrance Requirements for Experienced Practitioners without standard training.
- Experienced practitioners who have been actively engaged in the profession for at least 5 years, but do not meet the standard academic admissions requirements above may demonstrate that they meet the admissions requirements through documented clinical and didactic training, clinical practice, continuing education courses, teaching, lecturing and professional activities.
- Access to Learning Materials. Given the fully external nature of our program, it is essential that you demonstrate access to the appropriate local libraries, learning resources and field study facilities. It is also important that you verify that you have access to a computer, email, and Internet and other necessary means of communication for the duration of your program.
# 5 ADMISSIONS PROCEDURE PAGE:
Admissions Documentation requires:
- Complete and sign the application form.
- A nonrefundable application fee of US $100 must be submitted with the application.
- Official Transcripts – It is your responsibility to collect official transcripts in sealed, stamped envelopes from all previous colleges and universities you have attended, regardless of whether or not you completed a degree. Once collected, include all in the application packet. If there is a delay in receiving transcripts, indicate the reason, send unofficial transcripts, and indicate when official transcripts should arrive.
- One Passport photograph
- Signed statement that you will be able to undertake and complete this program in English.
- Current resume which includes:
- Education – detail all training including length and location.
- Professional Work history (include description of all clinical practice)
- Teaching and or research activities
- Publications and conference / academic presentations.
- Membership in professional organizations honors and awards.
You may also send any additional information reflecting your professional interests and accomplishments.
College equivalency for experienced practitioners:
In addition to the above, those wishing to apply using non-collegiate AOM training must include:
- Transcripts of all relevant College courses taken
- Description of training
- Length of training
- Names and credentials of all teachers
- Details of apprenticeships
- Details of Clinical training
# 6 FOREIGN STUDENTS PAGE:
In addition to the general admissions requirements and procedures, please provide the following:
- Signed statement that your English proficiency is sufficient to be able to take classes, examinations and write a dissertation.
- Translation of transcripts into English through a recognized educational credential evaluation agency.
Tuition and Fees
Application Fee (Non Refundable) $ 100
Graduation Fee (Diploma) $50
Core Courses $200 per course. – $1800
Comprehensive Exam $ 400
Dissertation Proposal $ 800
Dissertation Submission & Defense $2000
OMD program Total: $5150
Continuing Education Tuition per course (includes certificate of completion) $210
A credit card charge which does not go through for any reason is subject to a $25.00 Declined Card charge. Any personal or business check returned to CAC by the bank for any reason is subject to a $50.00 Returned check fee. For PayPal or other services, please add 5% to cover processing fees.
Tuition and fees must be paid by credit card or check for students in the United States. Overseas students must pay by credit card or via bank transfer of funds.
Tuition may be paid before undertaking each section. Registration with receipt of tuition will enable the student to access the applicable course/s.